Deploying the application to Weblogic Application Server
The deployment procedures below are for using Weblogic 9.1. The procedures for using different versions may vary.
In Manager, locate the existing Web application on the Applications page.
- Check the box next to the Web application you want to deploy to Tomcat and hit the ‘Export’ button.
- In the File Download dialog that appears, click the Save button.
- In the ‘Save as type:’ section, choose All Files.
- The default file name extension will be .zip. Change this to .war and save it to the file system. Click the ‘Close’ button when Save is complete.(For example: C:\temp\myapp.war)
- Start Weblogic Server. a browser will open to http://localhost:7001/index.jsp. Click the ‘Start the Administration Console’ button to open the Administration Console.
- In the Change Center section of the console, click the ‘Lock and Edit’ button to open the server instance for changes.
- In the Domain Structure section of the console, find the ‘Deployments’ link and click on it.
- You will see a Summary of Deployments. Here is where you will deploy the war file. Find and click the ‘Install’ button.
- Browse to the location on your file system where the .war file was saved. Click the radio button next to the .war file and click ‘Next’
- You want to deploy this module as an application. For the targeting style, make sure ‘Install this deployment as an application’ is selected. Click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Next’ again to accept the defaults in this next pane, then click ‘Finish’.
- You will now get a summary list of the settings for the deployment. Click the ‘Save’ button. If everything went ok, you will see a message in green that says ‘Settings updated successfully.’
- Back in the Change Center section of the console, click the green ‘Activate Changes’ button. The application has been ‘prepared’, but not yet deployed at this point.
- Back in the Domain Structure section of the concole, find and click on the ‘Deployments’ link. In the Summary of Deployments, find your application, check the box next to it and click the ‘Start’ button. Select ‘Servicing all requests’. Click Yes to continue
- If the state of your deployment says ‘Active’, you have successfully deployed your Web application to Weblogic.
Testing your deployment from within the Weblogic Administration Console
You can test your application from within the Administrative Console by following the steps below:
- In the Domain Structure section of the console, click ‘Deployments’.
- In the Summary of Deployments page, click on the name of the deployed Web application.
- Select the ‘Test’ tab. Here, you’ll find the URL to the deployed Web application. Click the link to launch it in a separate browser window.